Monday, November 25, 2013

Origami Creations - Modular Geometric Planar Origami (WXYZ by Tung Ken Lam)

I have been busy the past few weeks with family visiting over in Hongkong.  Finally, I get to have a chance to sit and write again  ...

I have expressed my love for modular geometric origami in my previous post.  In its simplicity, it has its classic, fascinating and everlasting beauty that you will never get bored looking at.  Other than this, it makes for a great gift and you will surely be remembered  (not only for the gift but for more gifts and request to make them).

Among the simplest of the planar intersecting models, the WXYZ (such a convenient name) Intersecting Triangles is the easiest and best looking of them all.   This is designed by Mr. Tung Ken Lam which has inspired a lot of origamist to create similar models (different shapes and more pieces).

Here is what I have made:



 


A great looker of a model, huh!  The folding part is easy but the assembling will give you enough challenging surprise.  Really, the puzzle of connecting the pieces is a great bonus!

Enjoy and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect