Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Origami Creations / Designs - Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus (聖誕老人)

Thought of a fun and challenging opportunity for me to test my creativity ... 

It is to make an origami christmas santa as seen in one of the FB groups which I have participated in.  I was really so surprised with the many wonderful creations so I thought I should give it a try.

Now ... I need to look for a "red and white" colored paper.  Just realized that I have used up all of those colors for kawasaki roses, so I ended up recycling one of my kusudama/modulars.


This is whats left of my Icosahedron ball.

Days and weeks passed and I am unable to fold anything except for Santa's face and could not complete the model.  Finally, I was able to come up with not only one but two ...



 


Yes, a Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus.  It's sort of a stick figure and luckily pass the "cuteness test" by my tough model inspectors - my daughters.  It does remind me of the models made by another talented origamist - Riki Saito.

Hope you'll like this creation and will try to make the diagrams and tutorials very soon for all to enjoy.

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect