Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Origami Creations - Clash of the Fiery and Darkness Dragon

There is so much interest among origami enthusiasts in folding dragons.  Not for me though, as I feel incapable of being able to fold the detailing that is required on the wings, face and the scales.  Also, a lot of imagination needs to be put on the shaping to make it realistic (hmmm ... I mean believable.)

Finally, after attending an origami meeting and saw dragon models, I decided to take the challenge of not only making one but two dragons - Kade Chan's Fiery dragon and Tadashi Mori's Darkness dragons.

Below are my rendition:



Who do you think wins?


Individual details below ...










These are my first folds so there is so much more to improve.  Paper quality is of utmost importance as both of these models will require pleating which thickens the paper and can cause it to tear.  Overall, I am happy of the outcome as they did appear like dragons to me.  What do you think?

Have a nice day!

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect