Friday, June 20, 2014

Origami Design/Creation - Mountain Folding in Madesimo Italy

I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in a design competition for an awesome origami event to be held in Madesimo Italy.  It is called "Mountain Folding - Origami Creativity in the Alps".  You may find more details here.

Details of my entry is as follows:

Title:  Majestic Beauty and the Glorious Beast
Paper:  Uncut 21.5 cm square of dual color kami
Notes:  Finished 3D model measures 14.5 cm x 8 cm x 5 cm

Concept:  

Immediate impulse was to create a mountain range for a panoramic effect and the unassuming cow that grazes on these grandiose mountains.  Both are unmistakably wonderful subjects worthy of recognition and extremely relevant to the coming mountain folding activity.  One will surely encounter these beautiful works of art in the lovely village of Madesimo.

Without further ado, I have designed and created below model.

Front and side views
For a clearer and more detailed view ...




The contest has been completed and winners announced.  Though I didn't make it, I am so proud and happy to see my creation along with the great artist who participated in this competition.

Hope you enjoyed my work.  Looking forward to the next challenge!

- 0 -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect