Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Origami Fold - Shuzo Fujimoto Diamond Escher Tessellation

It's been a long while since I've done some origami tessellation.  For more info on this technique, check out my previous blog here on the famous Hydrangea designed by Shuzo Fujimoto.

So, I finally decided to do another Fujimoto model.  This is the cool Escher piece - a series of overlapping diamonds.


Front View
Back View
At first, I was thinking of stopping here but when I saw Tess Master John Mckeever's level-up variation called the 4 Diamond-a-side Fujimoto Escher style step, I decided to move on.  

John is so kind enough to share the CP (crease pattern) and some instructions here.

Cool Stuff, huh?
The collapsing of the model after making all the creases was tough.  Frankly, it took me a whole day with a lot of breaks in-between to complete the project.  Fortunately, the process was an interesting ride as I accidentally made beautiful slip ups' which yielded wonderful results.

4 sunken corner diamonds 

Floral center piece
Really quite exhausting work but super well worth the effort!

Have a wonderful week!

- 0 -

More info:

John McKeever's Flickr Page

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get Flower Effect